GRADUATE STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS:
There are several student organizations within the department, college, and university. In the department, there are the following student organizations or local chapters of national organizations:
- Graduate Student Association
- American Society of Civil Engineering( ASCE)
- Institute of Transportation Engineering (ITE)
- Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- Chi Epsilon National Civil Engineering Honor Society
- These organizations regularly sponsor activities such as seminars, workshops, field trips, social events, etc. Becoming a member will give you the opportunity to connect with your fellow students, build your knowledge, build your leadership skills, and serve your communities.
Besides your academic program, FIU offers a wide range of opportunities and service outside the classrooms. The following is a list of the services available in the university. Please visit the FIU Student Life and Service website for detailed information on these services (http://education.fiu.edu/studentresources.html).
Air Force ROTC Multicultural Programs
RESOURCES FOR WRITING A DISSERTATION/THESIS/REPORT
Scientific Approaches to Transportation Research http://onlinepubs.trb.org/onlinepubs/nchrp/cd-22/chapters.html
The Chicago Manual of Style Online http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/home.html
Handbook of Technical Writing http://books.google.com/books?id=_arfAAAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Handbook+of+Technical+Writing&hl=en&sa=X&ei=v1TyU8nHEY_NsQTru4GQDQ&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Handbook%20of%20Technical%20Writing&f=false
The Element of Style http://www.bartleby.com/141/
Plagiarism What is it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism Examples of Plagiarism http://www.princeton.edu/pr/pub/integrity/pages/plagiarism/ http://honorcouncil.georgetown.edu/system/what-is-plagiarism/x