The purpose of graduate advising in FIU CEE is to ensure students are successful in completing the graduate degree requirement and derive the best educational value from their experiences in the department.
Advising involves academic planning, degree requirements, course prerequisites, and the selection of an academic advisor. Once selected, your academic advisor helps with administrative procedures such as registration.
The graduate program director, Dr. Kingsley Lau, will serve as your de facto advisor upon your acceptance to a CEE graduate program. As GPD, Dr. Lau will provide initial advising and help you with change of major, course equivalencies and graduation requirements, among others.
|Important Graduate Degree Information|
|Requirements for MS Degrees
(Civil & Environmental)
|Degree Requirements for Ph.D. in Civil Engineering||Core Course Requirements for MSENV and MSCE
Important information for graduate students:
- Graduate orientation is held each fall and spring, within the first two weeks of the semester. Attendance is strongly recommended for all incoming students. Orientation dates are posted in advance.
- To change your degree program to Civil or Environmental Engineering, please fill the Change of Major form below and email it to email@example.com.
- Advising Holds are placed on students’ files before the registration period starts. This ensures communication between students and the advisors takes place before class registration. The advising hold will be released once you have seen your advisor.
- Registration can be performed online using PantherSoft once your Advising Hold has been removed.
- Appointments with your graduate advisor should be made in advance via email. It is strongly recommended that you schedule your appointments during times other than the days directly preceding deadlines. Planning in advance can save you delays and problems.
Below, you’ll find forms and tools related to graduate advising.
|My FIU||New Graduate Student Orientation||Graduate Catalog|
|First Semester Advising Form||MS Program of Study form||PhD Program of Study Form|
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Kingsley Lau (Graduate Program Director)