The student may receive permission to transfer up to a maximum of six semester hours of graduate credit earned from another institution or up to 12 semester hours of graduate credit earned as a non-degree seeking students at FIU after admitted into one of the graduate programs in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department. Such credits are transferable provided that:
- The course(s) were taken at the graduate level at an accredited college or university,
- Grade(s) of ‘B’ or higher were earned for the courses,
- The course(s) are judged relevant by the student’s advisory committee,
- The credits were not used toward another degree, and
- The credit(s) were completed within six years immediately preceding the awarding of the degree.
Credits are not transferable until the student has earned 12 semester hours in the graduate programs in the Department of Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering.